Molly MarieWisconsin's Premier Women's Portrait Photographer
Molly Marie is the owner of Eau Claire, Wisconsin’s premier boudoir studio. Through a passion for photography and a desire to help women discover their inner and outer beauty, she has cultivated a strong business presence in the area and looks forward to sharing what she has learned with you!
Molly’s love for photography started in the high school darkroom with a photography class. She immediately identified with the creativity, imagination, and ingenuity involved with photography and thought to herself – who wouldn’t want to do this for a living? So, during college, at the age of 19, and with $0.81 to her name, she built a website and kicked off her photography business. Through hard work, dedication, and the appropriate marketing strategies, Molly has successfully taken a humble beginning and turned it into six figures annually.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- How to transition from shooting a variety of genres when just starting out to focusing on a specific genre in your photography business.
- Overcoming the hurdles of marketing with sensitive images like boudoir.
- The benefits of exhibiting and the importance of getting out to events like expos, tradeshows and women’s nights out, to get a chance to talk to women one-on-one, and build trust with your boudoir clients in-person.
- How to make the most of exhibiting your business at expos or tradeshows.
- The impact of giving a tangible item or “gift” for booking a session at a tradeshow.
- Tips for attracting and booking new clients at expos or events.
- How to be benefit-based and very observant in your sales methods during a tradeshow.
- How you may be able to benefit from having a promo video made for your business.
- Tips on designing specials or promotions to run at tradeshows to increase on-the-spot bookings.
- Concrete ways you can incorporate SAME-DAY viewing and ordering sessions into your business to greatly increase your sales.
- The “Rule of 3” and how it helps you properly set your clients’ expectations.
- Explanation of the structure and stages involved in a full-service boudoir photo session.
- Solid examples of pricing and packages for boudoir photography.
- Tips on how to almost always upsell from your base packages – make the client want more.
- A review of the rooms and spaces within a home where you can recommend your clients hang their boudoir prints.
- Rule of thumb – NEVER surprise your clients with your prices – be upfront while continuously establishing value.
- How a deposit-turned-print credit structure can create a lower barrier-to-entry as well as help you encourage clients to purchase prints.
- How to find the right expos to register with, which will provide the greatest return and exposure for your business.
- The importance of networking and being a part of organized groups in your niche.
- Using the client experience to build a great relationship with existing clients and establish trust with new clients.
- Designing a referral program for your clients – offering gifts in exchange for referrals.
- Molly’s take-away message regarding email marketing and newsletters – people do not want to join your newsletter.
- Facebook ads are a great way to market by allowing you to create a custom audience and target ads to certain demographics, i.e. individuals celebrating anniversaries in the next two months, etc.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .
Links and Resources:
- Why you must sell digital files, and how to price them properly
- Molly’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Molly Marie Photography Facebook Page and Boudie Photogs Group
- Boudie Camp
- Blog Post – How to Edit a Portrait Session for Viewing in 30 Minutes
- Molly’s Posing Guide (FREE – with email signup, of course)
- White House Custom Colour
- Polka Dot Powerhouse
- Sticky Albums