Jared BaumanPresident and Co-Founder of ShootDotEdit
Jared is a Co-Founder and President of ShootDotEdit, the premium post processing company for professional wedding photographers worldwide. In 2002, Jared created Bauman Photographers, a Southern California photography studio that now produces over 75 weddings and 1,000 corporate head-shots annually. Bauman Photographers has established itself as one of the most successful examples of a customer-focused associate model, and after 11 years of profitable growth, Jared sold Bauman Photographers in 2012.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Can you and your business benefit from outsourcing?
- How your signature style is not only influenced by your editing style, but is also represented in the way your customers see you and everything about your brand.
- How to get the most value from outsourcing and use it to not only save you time, but actually grow your business.
- Tips on where to spend your time saved by outsourcing, focusing on growth and profit-producing activities.
- Designing your business workflow as the basis of a good marketing plan.
- The most effective ways to market your business.
- Photography as a referral-based business.
- In the digital age, the importance of focusing on building in-person relationships.
- Understanding that no one can take a referral or relationship you have spent the time to build away from you.
- Why, even if you don’t feel like you have the time, networking should be a priority for your business.
- Jared’s definition of Content Marketing as providing valuable resources to your customers and potential customers that helps them in their mission.
- How to come up with valuable content to insert into your content marketing plan and make you a hero in the eyes of your customers.
- Why as photographers we have an advantage in content marketing by being able to use our (already existing) images help people to solve problems.
- Concrete examples of topics to get you started with content marketing today.
- What you can learn from blogs like The Knot about defining client life cycles.
- Keeping the content fresh involves understanding the bigger scheme of how the customer relates to it.
- Are you looking at your blog in the wrong way? Ways to keep your blog posts alive and use them to open doors.
- Learn how to define your audience as if they’re a person to make blogging and content marketing easier.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .
Links and Resources:
- The Take Back Your 80 Program
- Bryan’s Pricing for Profit webinar with ShootDotEdit
- ShootDotEdit Website
- Jared’s Facebook, Twitter and Photography Resource Site
- Bauman Photographers Website
- Beyond the Webinar Podcast Series
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It Book by Michael Gerber
- 20 Content Marketing Ideas for your Photography Business on Sprouting Photographer
- TheKnot Blog