J SandiferRecovering Wedding Photographer and Founder of LulaWed
J lives and breathes the wedding industry. He caught the startup bug, from 2003 – 2011, helping 2 different wedding businesses grow and ultimately be acquired, the 2nd by Wedding Wire. J has photographed over 100 weddings and brings that intimate experience to the table to help others grow their wedding related businesses. He’s a big thinker, understands how technology works and has a passion for marketing great things.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- The changing face of the wedding photography industry and how the digital age is expanding the potential reach of your images.
- The importance of networking and building relationships with other vendors.
- The importance of using any momentum from the event and being proactive to release your photos in a timely fashion.
- How to avoid falling into the social media trap on the wedding day and focus on being there for your clients.
- Ways to make the vendors you are working with your dream marketing team highlighting the importance of collaboration.
- How to make a stylized shoot work for you.
- Purposeful and intentional networking and marketing as it relates to your photography business.
- The importance of connecting on a personal level with your vendor network, not just on social media.
- The process of building a relationship with a new vendor.
- How attending in-person education is beneficial for you and your business.
- The value in networking and building relationships for sustainability and growth – no matter where you’re at in your business.
- How to narrow down the vendors you network with to get the most out of the relationship and attract the right clients.
- Being proactive in your marketing and sharing images during key times of the year in the industry cycle.
- Reworking your marketing “budget” to encompass your time networking and sharing images.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .