Jason GrouppDirector of WPPI and a New York City Photographer.
Jason Groupp is the Director of WPPI and a New York City photographer heavily steeped in the industry. Adoring New York City far beyond any healthy proportion, Jason has maintained his photography studio in West Chelsea for the past 12 years.
He is also the creator of the IHNY session and loves bow ties beyond any normal grown adult, which upon his current estimation, the collection is into the hundreds.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- How to build client-centric sessions to make it into a memorable experience.
- How Jason’s I Heart New York sessions have affected how his clients have treated the engagement sessions.
- How to build sessions into “keepsakes” by using customer favorite locations for backdrops.
- Why making sessions exclusively about your clients engages them to help build the experience.
- Why pulling out the right information from a client about their favorite things helps to engage and motivate clients.
- How customizing the sessions revolving around a clients favorite things may help to increase sales.
- How to make the presentation of an engagement album a psychological event on the wedding day for all involved.
- Why focusing on your love of a location as a photographer can help establish your identity and brand.
- Why it can be more important to a client to establish a solid connection.
- How self-discovery as a photographer and figuring out your passion early on is crucial.
- How today’s photographer gains education versus photographers 20 years ago.
- Why it is important to study other art forms, as well as the history of photography, architecture and painting.
- How new photographers benefit from today’s online content that is available.
- The value of taking time to attend in-personal educational events.
- How being immersed in the experience of in-personal workshops and interacting with photography-related businesses helps photographers grow.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .
Links and Resources:
- Rangefinder Magazine
- Bryan’s article “Seal the Deal” in Rangefinder Magazine.
- Jason Groupp’s Website
- Jason’s Blog
- Jason Groupp’s on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- WPPI – Wedding & Portrait Photographers International.
- WPPI on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- I Heart New York Photo Shoots
- I Heart New York on Facebook, Twitter, and Instragram .
- Simon Sinek – Author of the book, Start With Why, where he weaves together a clear vision of what it truly takes to lead and inspire.
- David Anthony Williams – educator extraordinaire for information on wedding and portrait photography