Sprouting Photographer Podcast is all about the business of photography. Episode #42 of the podcast features an interview with Scott Stratten, who is an expert in Viral, Social, and Authentic Marketing.
Discussion topics include: Social media platforms, how to standout and build deeper relationships.
Show notes for episode #42 can be found at www.SproutingPhotographer.com/42
Did you enjoy this episode? We would really appreciate it if you would help support us by leaving us a “Rating” and “Review” in iTunes in appreciation for the show! Did you also know that you can “Subscribe” in iTunes and automatically have the latest episode downloaded right to your phone or computer?
Scott Stratten is the President of Un-Marketing. He is an expert in Viral, Social, and Authentic Marketing which he calls Un-Marketing. It’s all about positioning yourself as a trusted expert in front of your target market, so when they have the need, they choose you.
Formerly a music industry marketer, national sales training manager and a Professor at the Sheridan College School of Business, he ran his “UnAgency” for a nearly a decade before solely focusing on speaking at events for companies like PepsiCo, Adobe, Red Cross, Hard Rock Cafe, Cirque du Soleil, Saks Fifth Avenue, Deloitte and Fidelity Investments when they need help guiding their way through the viral/social media and relationship marketing landscape.
He now has over 165,000 people follow his daily rantings on Twitter and was named one of the top 5 social media influencers in the world on Forbes.com. It’s the only time he’s felt comfortable being compared to Ashton Kutcher, P Diddy and Justin Bieber.
He has written three best-selling business books, the newest being “QR Codes Kill Kittens” a picture book for fed-up business people. He’s currently writing “UnSelling” due out in the fall of 2014.
- How photographers can take advantage of social media practices for their businesses.
- How to stand out on social media.
- How to get your items shared and trending on social media.
- Why focusing on you instead of photography will help build connections.
- Why showcasing your assets like your ability and skillsets will help to create connections.
- How to avoid ‘vanity metrics’ that will not actually do anything for your business.
- How to decide which social media platforms will work the best for you.
- Why avoiding a certain platform you don’t like or enjoy will benefit your business.
- Positives and negatives on scheduling social media posts.
- How to be self-aware of what you are doing and how you are impacting the people around you.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .