Dustin MeyerWedding, Portrait and Commercial Photographer
Dustin Meyer is an internationally recognized wedding, portrait, and commercial photographer based in Austin Texas with over 15 years experience. Sponsored by Nikon, his work has been displayed by Kodak in Times Square NYC and featured in USA Today, plus many other publications. Dustin regularly teaches photography workshops covering shooting, lighting, posing, marketing, business, and more.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Relationship building is your primary asset as a photographer.
- Working with a family at an early stage, such as a high school senior portrait session, can potentially lead to future work later in life.
- Focus on creating experiences for your clients as they will remember your services every time they look at your photos.
- Keep your subjects engaged during your session. Talk to them about what’s going on in their lives, keep it fun, and make sure they are enjoying themselves.
- When shooting senior portraits, make sure to also keep the parents engaged. Not only are they contributing financially to your business but you are documenting an emotional period of their lives.
- The majority of longterm clients tend to be the ones who have had an amazing experience with you and view you as part of the family.
- Shooting family portraits, holiday sessions, weddings and company headshots are all examples of potential repeat business you can book through building solid relationships with your clients.
- Developing trust with your clients will often keep them thinking of you when opportunities arise for future photo sessions.
- Look for opportunities within your community to volunteer your time and build relationships with other businesses or organizations who could potentially be future clients.
- It’s so much easier to work with clients when you are able to be yourself and build a relationship based on trust.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .