Candice CusicWedding Photojournalist
Candice started taking photographs at age six and ruined her mother’s countertop with darkroom chemicals while studying Photojournalism at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She has worked as a Photojournalist for over 20 years for some of the largest publications in the country, including 11 years as a Staff Photojournalist for the Chicago Tribune, where she was a team member that won the Pulitzer Prize in 2000. She taught Photojournalism as an Adjunct Professor at Northwestern University for over a decade and teaches wedding photographers how to capture moments, step outside their comfort zones and tell stories with their images as the founder of the Moment-Driven Photojournalism Workshop. The next workshop is October 27-29 2017 in downtown Chicago. Candice is also an instructor for the Foundation Workshop, has spoken at professional seminars across America and Europe, and will speak at the Foundation Conference Bali next month.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Focus on capturing moments instead of obsessively posing your clients like you may see in popular blogs
- Remember that your responsibility it to photograph real people in big moments of their lives while still making it a fun process for you
- Make yourself stand out among the sea of photographers and differentiate your work.
- Delegate the key shots to someone you trust so you can get more creative in the field.
- Be wary of “creative suicide” and get inspired by your unique surroundings whenever possible.
- Utilize your best and favorite work on your website so you attract the ideal clients.
- Educate your clients prior to their big event so they know they don’t have to smile to the camera all the time.
- Create experiences that will produce the best shots for your clients.
- Making your clients comfortable so they are able to let you be a fly on the wall.
- The best way to make money quickly is to produce standout photography.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .