Kirk MastinPhotographic Tools App Creator
Leveraging over 16 years of photographic experience, Kirk is focused on making film emulation tools for professional digital photographers with his company Mastin Labs. His current projects include creating pushed film look emulations and growing his camera app Filmborn, named one of Apple’s ‘New Apps We love.’
Kirk has worked for the New York Times, Aurora Photos, the Associated Press and many other photo distribution networks nationwide. In addition to national editorial work Kirk created a thriving commercial photography business in Seattle WA.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Why branding is so important for a photographer
- Giving special attention to what you put up online
- Why you should never flash yourself with mediocrity
- The secret of the legendary Ansel Adams
- Why you are only as good as your best work
- Getting your voice as a photographer
- You need to have something unique to stand out
- How to figure out what you want to be
- Ways you can learn about photography even outside of it
- The Whale Story (turns out to be the best client)
- How to attract the best clients
- How his app “Filmborn” came to life
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .