After having my first child in 2010, I decided I needed to start actually making money in my business, not just paying myself $500/month to cover student loan bills, food, beer money and a new pair of flip-flops every now and again. Waiting for the phone to ring was no longer an option for me.
On my quest to becoming profitable, I had a few challenges to solve. Why would people choose me when there were other photographers with excellent work at a lower price? How do I make people understand the real value of my photography and make them understand they are getting more than just a picture? And most importantly, how do I do ALL of this on my own without an employee or contractor?
I created Photo Bacon and the private (and free) Facebook group The Booked Solid Photographer to help photographers get past those challenges and generate bookings of the RIGHT clients ANY time of year.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Why photographers struggle with honing your message in your marketing.
- Promoting the medium of photography vs. promoting you and your company.
- The problem/solution mindset.
- The journey of discovering what your clients’ photography problems really are.
- How to use email marketing to communicate with your clients about problems to help them identify their needs.
- How to incorporate story into your marketing.
- How stories help you get referrals.
- Why NOT going into a specific niche may be a good idea.
- The process for starting a marketing campaign.
- Creating urgency in your marketing.
- The importance of the headline and the first sentence of any written piece of marketing.
- Where to start with your marketing.
- Why you should definitely have an email newsletter.
- How to make it so your Facebook sharing doesn’t feel robotic.
- Why it’s O.K. for people to unsubscribe from your emails, and why it is actually a good thing.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .