Jared BaumanCo-Founder and President of ShootDotEdit & Industry Educator
Jared Bauman is a Co-Founder and President of ShootDotEdit, the First Choice post processing partner for the Wedding Pro, and everything they shoot. Prior to ShootDotEdit, Jared was a professional photographer and ran a successful customer focused associate model based out of his hometown, San Diego, California. In addition, Jared has provided the professional photographer community with education and leadership for over a decade, speaking at conferences like WPPI and online platforms like Creative Live.
ShootDotEdit is the first choice color correction and post production solution for the pro wedding photographer, and everything they shoot. They provide turnaround time as fast as 48 hours. ShootDotEdit Customers now receive Extra, a complimentary gallery hosting and storage service designed to sell more prints for you with zero commissions. ShootDotEdit recently acquired Fotoskribe, the leading expert in blogging as-a-service for the Pro Wedding and Portrait Photographer.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Why blogging is still important and still relevant.
- Don’t build your house on rented land, by investing all your effort on social media.
- Why being in control of your content is the key to its success.
- Why photographers find content marketing to be difficult.
- Creating blog content is only 20% of the work.
- Why it’s ok if you are not a great writer.
- Pulling customers in to you vs. meeting them where they are.
- Engaging the right people on your blog, and building longevity with your target market.
- What a blog should be, and how it is a long term play.
- Why blogging should be complimenting your social media and not as a substitution of.
- Why and how Google is rewarding sites, what they prioritize, and why blogging helps with this.
- Why consistency is important with blogging.
- How reader engagement is important for social media and search engines.
- How the Fotoskribe process works.
- How to use content as the “hub” of your marketing efforts.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is an all-in-one business success software for photographers, built by the team from SproutingPhotographer.com. It combines Studio Management software with Online Galleries, Album Proofing, Sales Galleries, Contextual Education and more.
Links and Resources:
- Fotoskribe Website, Facebook, Twitter
- ShootDotEdit Website, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Fotoskribe is waiving the Onboarding Fee ($95) for any Fotoskribe plan between Tue 3/14 – Fri 3/17 when you mention “Sprouting Photographer” during signup. All details for the blogging plans can be found here: http://fotoskribe.com/
- Shark Tank