Kenny KimDestination Wedding Photographer
Kenny Kim has always been fascinated by the visual arts, especially the connection between art and photography. Combined with his love of travel and culture, he has become one of the most respected and sought after destination and wedding photographers of his industry. Since 2006, Kenny Kim Photography has quickly grown into a nationally recognized studio and Kenny’s work, which spans the globe in over 200 weddings and destination events throughout the US, China, Korea, Ireland, England, France, Italy, Mexico, various Caribbean islands and more.
His work has been featured in numerous photography periodicals including:
Destination Weddings & Honeymoon, The Knot, Chicago Social Bride, Shutterbug, The RangeFinder Magazine and various online publications including Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Junebug Weddings, Style Me Pretty & more.
He is honored to be part of Kodak Alaris’ Approved Speakers and is a regular speaker at WPPI since 2009. He was nominated as Top 20 A-List Destination Photographer by Destinations Weddings & Honeymoon Magazine in 2011 and SLR Lounge’s Top 100 photographers in the US/Canada in 2016. He has also authored two books: “Wedding Photographer’s Planner” & “Digital Wedding Photography Photo Workshop” – both of which are comprehensive must-reads for any photographer looking to successfully execute a memorable wedding day shoot.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- What is a “destination” wedding?
- Where do destination weddings take place?
- How to properly communicate and guide the customer experience when working with destination couples from afar.
- How to market yourself as a destination wedding photographer at the wedding.
- How to gain traction in a new destination that you want to photograph at.
- Can you do destination weddings full time or is it only a part time niche?
- Keeping your pricing separate when doing destination weddings and how to build your travel package pricing.
- How to communicate value and make your clients want prints and albums following the wedding.
- Where to start marketing to attract destination wedding couples.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .