Jeff JochumCreative Business Consultant & Coach
Over the last 30 years, I have founded, bootstrapped and sold three companies of my own, licensing products to Computer Associates, Borland, and Microsoft. In 1997, I co-founded EBZ.com, and created e-Biz in a Box, 1999’s best-selling (non-Microsoft) small business product.
Since then, I’ve had the privilege of leading the marketing teams at Pictage.com (acquired by equity giant Apax Ventures for $39 million) and then as Chief Marketing Officer at online superstars DeviantART & SmugMug.
In 2009, I launched my business consulting practice and began working exclusively with start-ups and creative entrepreneurs, coaching them to success using the secrets I’ve discovered over the years, not the least of which is the success chemistry I came to call Specialism.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- What is a brand (and what isn’t a brand)?
- Your brand is really you and your message.
- Your brand as a promise to your clients.
- If you are having a hard time manufacturing or coming up with a brand, you’re not doing it right.
- How creating your branding is like setting goals for a career in baseball.
- How not to fall into “trends”.
- Why it’s important to focus on doing what you love in how it affects your brand, your work, and your happiness.
- Why 8/10 photographers are asking to “get out” of the downward spiral of working more and being unhappy.
- You are making progress when you are working towards happiness.
- The difference between falling into your brand vs intentionally chasing/creating it.
- The importance of articulating and defining your purpose.
- Using a fake accent as an example of how having a “fake” brand can really ruin any chance you have at business.
- What being “unjudgeable” means.
- Where to start when beginning to identify your authentic brand.
- The difference between knowing what to do and actually doing it.
- Why we have a hard time putting words to our authentic selves, and getting help from outside yourself.
- Why you need to work on becoming a me-zilla in order to become bulletproof.
- How doing everything your client wants really means you’re doing/standing for nothing.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .