Trevor DayleyWedding Photographer & Industry Educator
I have six amazing kids, been married to an incredible wife of 17 years and together we all live in sunny Arizona. I’ve been photographing weddings full time for the last 9 years, and have taught numerous workshops throughout the world, spoke at a number of photo conferences and for the last year have been helping MagMod spread the word about their incredibly fast, easy and awesome Speedlite modifiers.
I love sharing with others in the photo industry and helping out wherever I can so we all continue growing together!
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Focusing on the customer experience over your photography.
- The importance of remembering people’s names.
- Tips on how to remember people’s names.
- Setting the context in the morning of a wedding day.
- Why you should consider not basing your wedding day coverage on a set number of hours.
- The importance of same-day slideshows.
- How to build a relationship with coordinators and wedding planners.
- How to increase your likelihood of getting referrals.
- How you can exceed expectations of other wedding pros on the wedding day.
- Why we shouldn’t think of ourselves as photographers first and how you can think of your clients first.
- The importance of reading books.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .
Links and Resources:
- Trevor’s Website, Facebook – ModernPhoto/MyPhotographer/MagMod, Instagram
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- EyeFi Wireless Memory Card
- How to Win Friends and Influence People Book
- The 5 Love Languages
- Give and Take
- Daring Greatly
- Predictably Irrational
- The Art of People
- Tim Sanders – Likeability Factor, Love is the Killer App, Today We are Rich
- Are You Fully Charged
- The Man’s Guide to Women
- Buzzfeed Article – Channing Tatum look alike