Trevor DayleyWedding Photographer & Industry Educator
I have six amazing kids, been married to an incredible wife of 17 years and together we all live in sunny Arizona. I’ve been photographing weddings full time for the last 9 years, and have taught numerous workshops throughout the world, spoke at a number of photo conferences and for the last year have been helping MagMod spread the word about their incredibly fast, easy and awesome Speedlite modifiers.
I love sharing with others in the photo industry and helping out wherever I can so we all continue growing together!
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Focusing on the customer experience over your photography.
- The importance of remembering people’s names.
- Tips on how to remember people’s names.
- Setting the context in the morning of a wedding day.
- Why you should consider not basing your wedding day coverage on a set number of hours.
- The importance of same-day slideshows.
- How to build a relationship with coordinators and wedding planners.
- How to increase your likelihood of getting referrals.
- How you can exceed expectations of other wedding pros on the wedding day.
- Why we shouldn’t think of ourselves as photographers first and how you can think of your clients first.
- The importance of reading books.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is an all-in-one business success software for photographers, built by the team from SproutingPhotographer.com. It combines Studio Management software with Online Galleries, Album Proofing, Sales Galleries, Contextual Education and more.
Links and Resources:
- Trevor’s Website, Facebook – ModernPhoto/MyPhotographer/MagMod, Instagram
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- EyeFi Wireless Memory Card
- How to Win Friends and Influence People Book
- The 5 Love Languages
- Give and Take
- Daring Greatly
- Predictably Irrational
- The Art of People
- Tim Sanders – Likeability Factor, Love is the Killer App, Today We are Rich
- Are You Fully Charged
- The Man’s Guide to Women
- Buzzfeed Article – Channing Tatum look alike