Jon LemonWedding & Elopement Photographer
Howdy, I’m Jon Lemon! And I’m a New York City wedding and elopement photographer. I was born in Alaska and raised in Texas, but have called NYC my home for ten years now. New York is where I met my beautiful wife of six years, May, and where we started our family with the addition of Lincoln, our ever-entertaining son.
When I’m not documenting awesome couples in love, you can usually find me rock climbing, cooking up a batch of homebrew beer, or exploring the world with the family. Some of the favorite places we’ve been to include Colombia, Iceland, and Japan.
Weddings are once-in-a-lifetime events that tell the story of two people coming together to form one family, and of course every wedding tells a different story. My job is to be the narrator of that story, to preserve it for future generations to look back on and understand what life, love, and happiness meant to you. I capture love in a modern and relaxed style, producing honest images that stand the test of time.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- The different types of weddings, elopements and intimate affairs.
- Designing your pricing and charging an hourly rate vs. a full day package.
- How elopements compare to traditional or “full” wedding days.
- The different levels of service you can offer as an elopement photographer.
- Better marketing through SEO and keywording.
- Understanding what your clients are looking for and marketing to that specifically.
- Looking for blogs writing to your niche and partnering with them and guest post.
- Using elopements to become a more efficient shooter.
- Using a minimum session time to scale small shoots.
- The power of knowing your environment including everything from taxi shift changes and traffic patterns to distances between popular shooting spots.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .