Daniel WatersWedding & Portrait Photographer, Co-Founder GetProPhotoClub
I’ve been a professional wedding and portrait photographer for 8 years and I’m the co-founder of www.GetProPhotoClub.com. You can check out my wedding and portrait photography at www.danwaterscreative.com. I was a marketing professional for around 17 years and got my degree in Marketing and Business Studies way back in 1995.
Although I was a bit of a dimwit at school (straight C student!), I’ve invested thousands of pounds and thousands of hours studying the programmes and systems of the world’s leading business consultants. Since I always used to lack confidence, I live in a low income city (Peterborough in the UK) and don’t have a studio. I’m a great example of “If I can do it, ANYONE can do it!”
From that challenging set of circumstances I’ve since been voted one of the top 10 breakthrough wedding photographers by Hitched.co.uk and Photo Professional Magazine in 2014. Finally, I have a project called the ManKIND project where I’m trying to do a random act of kindness for someone from (or with heritage from) every country in the world.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- How to get vendors to recommend you to their clients.
- Playing on ego and benefit-driven language.
- How to harness the power of co-promotion & content marketing.
- How to know what to write about when designing content marketing.
- The benefits of reaching out to vendors to collaborate in the proper way.
- Looking outside of the photography industry to get marketing inspiration.
- Marketing fundamentals of why you write a blog.
- Using proper language to increase conversions.
- Having the appropriate mindset when approaching co-promotion.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is an all-in-one business success software for photographers, built by the team from SproutingPhotographer.com. It combines Studio Management software with Online Galleries, Album Proofing, Sales Galleries, Contextual Education and more.