Ben ChernivskyFounder of Gifyyy & Wedding Photographer
Born and raised in Chicago, Ben explored the world before specializing as a full-time wedding photographer in 2011. Ben spent 9 years at 3 colleges working through undergrad degrees in photography, journalism, creative writing, and global studies. After working as a freelance photojournalist for a few years, and shortly after getting married in 2010, Ben started a full-time wedding photography studio. In 2015 he became a father to a beautiful little girl, and he started a photo booth technology business called Gifyyy, a new and unique approach to the traditional photo booth. In 2016 he started mentoring aspiring and professional photographers.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Wanting to be the best wedding photographer ever vs. trying to be your best.
- The mindset shift from trying to inspire yourself to helping inspire others.
- Conquering your fears and personal objections as being key to growing.
- Understanding crazy ideas are not always crazy.
- Working with a multi-photographer brand and training them to fit your brand.
- The hiring process when working with a team of photographers.
- How do you know if your studio is ready to bring on more photographers?
- What needs to happen before taking on more photographers.
- The steps to take when first starting a multi-photographer studio.
- What does running a business mean to you?
- Always being prepared for the “what ifs”.
- Business is not a talent – it is something that you learn.
- No one else can replicate your business or your talent.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is an all-in-one business success software for photographers, built by the team from SproutingPhotographer.com. It combines Studio Management software with Online Galleries, Album Proofing, Sales Galleries, Contextual Education and more.