Donal DohertyWedding Photographer and Educator
Donal Doherty is one of Ireland’s leading wedding photographers. A business graduate and former professional marketer, Donal decided to follow his passion for photography after shooting a friend’s wedding in Australia. He now shoots 50+ weddings a year and in 2015 launched his own online photography training company, Engage Live, which offers a catalogue of 30+ video classes on everything from advanced wedding photography techniques to Photography for Beginners.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- The importance of properly setting client expectations as early as you can.
- How you can set yourself up for success before the client even books.
- How to collect payment to make the client feel like spending even more money.
- Presenting your collections to clients.
- Your clients’ albums as an important marketing vehicle.
- After-session sales processes to make it more likely that your clients will buy.
- Nurturing your clients through the entire photography life cycle.
- Preparing for your sales session to prime purchasing decisions through emotion.
- Understanding that people don’t buy based on logic.
- Maximizing profits through a refined customer experience.
- Impressing your clients in unexpected ways.
- Being a sales consultant for your clients.
- Don’t be afraid to ask a closing question.
- Don’t make assumptions on what your clients are willing to spend.
- Being (or faking) confidence is one of the most important parts of sales.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .