Denis ReggieAcclaimed Wedding Photographer
Denis Reggie is the acclaimed wedding photographer who popularized – and named – the genre of “wedding photojournalism”. He has been recognized as the world’s top wedding photographer by Oprah Winfrey (having appeared on her show multiple times), he has been featured on Entertainment Tonight and repeatedly interviewed live on NBC’s Today show. His world-famous photograph of John Kennedy, Jr. and Carolyn Bessette exiting the chapel of their secret 1996 wedding appeared on countless newspaper and magazine covers and was named in Picture of the Year listings of Life, Time, Newsweek and People. He has been subject of feature articles by The New York Times, Vogue, The Wall Street Journal, and other publications. He photographs dozens of weddings each year for clients who seek a authentic documentary of naturally occurring moments without photographer concoction or direction.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Your deliverable is a vision, and you should get paid for your creativity.
- Having “tiers” of photography packages to suit your clients.
- Giving your clients incentives to go with your higher price plans or order albums/products.
- Defining the difference between supplemental and primary deliverables.
- What is an “early order” incentive?
- Helping your clients understand the true value of photography, your creativity, and print products.
- Differentiating yourself from the competition.
- Redefining what “Wedding Photography” means.
- Quest for excellence as it relates to culling your images.
- Practicing multi-levels of service as a professional photographer.
- Establishing trust and giving value to a wedding album.
- Really getting to know your clients through the inquiry and booking process to be able to meet and exceed their needs.
- What you should be wearing to your sessions.
- Being a photographer doesn’t mean you need to be a director.
- Be the person you would want your photographer to be.
- Adding a caption to your images before they are taken to improve your capture.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .