Arthur RainvillePortrait Photographer, Educator, Writer & Motivator
Arthur Levi Rainville, M.Photog., Cr, CPP, API,
has been creating stunning photographs, wrapped in intrigue, atmosphere and romanticism, for over 50 years. With his life’s work being displayed in grand museums and loving homes; he has been touted as, “the Poet Lauréate of Photography, one of the most sensitive, artists of our time.”
Widely known for his muted, granular color work, refinements of this life’s passion led to his lyrical, quixotic Mansuesco style. Defying a definable formula, Mansuesco, much like Impressionism, is a plurality of looks. An innate quality of light coupled with a compositional choreography is akin to his signature style.
Arthur’s imagery is being exhibited on three continents. In a one-man show at the French Cultural Center, his work was astutely referred to as “… a synthesis of observation and imagination blended with a palette of gauzy colors.”
Arthur has taught portraiture professionally for 40 years, inspiring the budding or seasoned photographer to look to Art and Heart as they face the blank canvas. Besides being a noted touring lecturer, he is a prolific author with copious articles and four published books on the Creative Spirit and living an Artful Life. As photography’s resident ‘Sage,’ Arthur continues to spread the word that private, personal vision matters.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Are you approaching your clients in the right way?
- Paying attention to your target audience.
- Look at who your audience is _today_.
- Living in a contemporary candid culture, and what that means for engaging with your target audience.
- Focusing on finding out what kinds of images make today’s clients the happiest, and then selling that.
- Creating the most meaningful portraits for your clients, and how to know what that means for each client.
- Keeping the heart in photography.
- What selling steak has to do with selling yourself.
- Your pitch to each client has to be different, while the message remains the same.
- Listening and engaging with potential clients instead of ‘spraying and praying’.
- Playing on your clients’ passions in the sales session.
- Your client wants to give you the great picture, you just need to allow it to happen – don’t pressure posing.
- Really connecting with your clients and another human being.
- How you present your client’s story.
- Communicating the importance of the physical print in the digital age.
- Photography as a touchy-feeling industry.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is an all-in-one business success software for photographers, built by the team from SproutingPhotographer.com. It combines Studio Management software with Online Galleries, Album Proofing, Sales Galleries, Contextual Education and more.