Corwin HiebertBusiness Consultant and Educator for Creative Entrepreneurs
Corwin Hiebert is a business agent and consultant to creative entrepreneurs and is the founder of Taendem Agency Inc.—a boutique management and marketing firm that provides professional services to freelancers, artists, and independent business owners making a living doing what they love. Corwin manages talent such as world-renowned photographer, publisher, and best-selling author David duChemin. He is the author of Living the Dream: Putting Your Creativity to Work [and Getting Paid] (Peachpit Press, 2013) and is the creator of the Business Action Planner—a toolkit for photographers. Corwin presents business and marketing lectures / workshops at photography and design conferences throughout Canada and the Unites States; he is also a guest lecturer at Vancouver Media Arts Institute, Langara College, and Capilano University (IDEA Program).
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- The toxic culture of photography business education today.
- When absorbing business education, remembering that building a photography company up from the ground is a long journey.
- How not to focus too much on the technical part of the craft.
- What to look for in a photography educator when choosing workshops, etc.
- Finding “subject matter experts” – the populatiry of a photographer does not mean they will be able to answer all the necessary questions.
- Avoiding education which is irrelevant to you and your business.
- How you may benefit from the 5 Day Deal.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .