David JohnstonLandscape & Adventure Photographer and Educator
David Johnston is a renowned landscape, adventure, and humanitarian photographer and educator from the beautiful state of Tennessee in the United States. Photographing incredible light and rarely seen moments are what drives David to keep capturing nature at its best. When David is not shooting, he’s writing and teaching photography to the masses on his website and podcast called Photography Roundtable. It’s his passion for spreading the joy of photography that helps him continue to interview other professionals and deliver helpful tips for others to improve their skills.
Along with shooting landscapes and sharing photography knowledge on Photography Roundtable, David writes periodically for Dreamscapes as part of their landscape and wildlife photography team.
David is also a photography workshop leader, frequently leading visitors in his favorite park, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, as well as other locations around the United States.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Things to consider when trying to find your photography niche.
- How to nail the cold call.
- Scripting your ‘pitch’.
- How to not overwhelm your potential clients.
- Promoting the medium of photography vs. what YOU can do for your client that is different.
- How to sell your photography over a stock photography site.
- Methods of hand-picking potential clients and the best way to reach out.
- ‘Closing’ the sale and ‘marrying’ your client.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .