Patrick MoreauStoryteller & Filmmaker
Patrick Moreau is quite literally, obsessed with story. No, not that word ‘story’ that often gets tossed around with little meaning. The story that refers to the timeless tradition shared well before we had written language. He believes that story is unparalleled in it’s ability to bring people together. And so he spends his days telling stories through his filmmaking at Stillmotion and helping others be empowered by story through their Muse storytelling process.
He believes that we must “guide the heart, but move the mind”—that we need to connect emotionally if we want to change the behavior or perspective of our audience. It’s a philosophy that’s been presented to global business leaders at the United Nations in 2014, as well as a Salem, OR Tedx event.
He’s worked for some big brands, directed several documentaries, won some Emmy’s, but more than any of that, he’s a real dude that loves the craft of filmmaking and how it’s a skeleton key to unlock so much wonder in this world.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Has the concept of telling stories been “cheapened” by today’s society?
- Carrying a deeper meaning in your stories/images/albums.
- Why a story is such a powerful form of communication.
- Emotional connection we have as human beings to stories.
- Every one is a storyteller with varying effectiveness.
- What makes you a good storyteller?
- The 4 pillars of storytelling and how they affect your stories.
- Reading your audience/client when designing your story.
- Understanding your emotional core and designing your plot.
- Why your story should be unpredictable.
- Story vs. statistic and connecting with your clients.
- Creating desire in your clients and how to overcome the conflicts that get in the way of those desires.
- Business application: Telling stories vs. pitching yourself or selling products.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .