Jen RozenbaumBoudoir Photographer & Industry Educator
Jen Rozenbaum is the eye, talent and force behind Jenerations, NY’s Premier Boudoir Photography Studio. Her artistic background lends an almost sixth sense when it comes to the aesthetics of boudoir photography, which is just half the reason for her extraordinary success. In just 3.5 years, Jenerations has found a burgeoning audience in the market for women’s photography, due largely in part to Rozenbaum’s magnetic personality and her unique ability to make women feel beautiful, confident and strong. Her clients are her biggest supporters, having gone through what they describe as ‘a life changing experience’ after seeing the results of their portrait session. “They feel stronger, they feel gorgeous and most importantly, they had fun!” says Rozenbaum. Empowering women with a renewed sense of self-confidence and beauty is the inspiration and motivation behind Jenerations.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Key elements to building trust with your clients.
- How to ask the right questions and actually listen.
- Showing your own vulnerability to make the client feel comfortable.
- Posing not being a matter of jean size or age, but what the client’s comfort zone is and what she can and wants to do.
- Being true to the individual’s personality to capture images the client will love.
- Practicing tactfulness with your communication to encourage capturing of great images.
- Focusing on work life balance and maintaining your personal dreams and goals.
- Maintaining your personal relationships while building relationships with your clients.
- Seeking inspiration and harnessing creativity through practice.
- Seeking sharing permissions for delicate and intimate images.
- Advice to those who want to build a boudoir business.
Links and Resources:
- Jen’s Website, Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- The Boudoir Photography Cookbook: 60 Recipes for Tempting Photos Book
- Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
- Don Blair
- Sprouting Photographer Podcast with Peter Hurley – Weekend Wisdom Episode #172 & Episode #22
- Skip Cohen University, Facebook & Twitter
- Mystic Seminars