Amy & Jordan DemosHusband and Wife Dream Team
Featured in People Magazine and named to Rangefinder Magazine’s “10 Educators to Watch” list, Amy and Jordan Demos are internationally published photographers, nationally recognized educators, and completely in love high school sweethearts who equip photographers to build successful businesses that change lives. A husband and wife team, Amy and Jordan run a thriving wedding photography business in Scottsdale, Arizona’s luxury market. As former elementary school teachers who went from nothing to six figures in their first year of being full-time, they have a unique perspective to help others get from where they are to where they want to be.
Amy and Jordan are instructors at the International Academy of Wedding Photographers and Regional Directors of Education for the Wedding Industry Professionals Association. They speak at top national conferences, teach sold-out workshops from coast to coast, and are the authors of The Quickstart Guide to Your Dream Job. They write photography and business tips and tricks for thousands of photographers through their exclusive email community every week and blog daily about their life for over 100,000 annual readers at amyandjordanblog.com. Most importantly, though, Amy and Jordan believe in loving God with their whole heart, serving each other with everything they have, and eating ice cream in a waffle cone every single day… at least once.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Curating the images for your portfolio in order to attract your ideal or most desired client.
- Adjusting your mindset so you are not constantly comparing yourself to others, and are living in the moment.
- Homework assignment: 1. Go back and look at your Facebook Business page from the first image you posted through to today, & then find a photographer you admire and do the same thing on their page.
- What to keep in mind when curating images for your portfolio, or designing any promotional material.
- Questions to ask yourself to find out what images showcase how you really want to portray yourself and your business.
- How to curate images with everyone from your current clients, future clients, and publications, to us as photographers in mind as a win-win-win for everyone.
- Asking yourself – “Why do you do what you do, and why does it matter?”
- Everything from how you shoot, to your portfolio curation is nothing more than the materialization of who you are and what you believe in, in life and in business.
- How to take something you consider to be a negative and turn it into a positive for you and your business.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .