Kevin JordanMarketing Consultant and Author
Kevin is the owner of Redpoint Marketing Consultants and the host of the Small Business Marketing Minute show, a video and audio podcast that teaches simple, affordable, and practical marketing methods to small business owners. He’s also a member of the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network, and has recently authored a book together with four other consultants in that network entitled The Small Business Owner’s Guide to Local Lead Generation, which teaches local business owners how to successfully compete with much larger companies. Prior to starting his marketing agency, Kevin spent six years as an airline pilot for US Airways Express before leaving that career to become an entrepreneur. He’s a native of Indiana and graduate of Purdue University, and currently resides in Farmville, Virginia with his wife Jen.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Why generalized marketing campaigns may actually be wasting your time, the narrower your focus the more effective it will be.
- The two main questions to ask yourself when designing a marketing campaign to ensure it contains the right message for the right audience.
- How to find out who your “ideal customer” is, and how to discover what makes you different from your competition through the eyes of your favourite clients.
- The value “traditional” marketing can still have in your business today.
- The importance of having strategy in your marketing calendar.
- Where to start with face-to-face marketing.
- BNI and association networking/strategic partnerships, and how to make it work for you and your business.
- Event marketing through conventions, trade shows, and local events and how to make the most of your time.
- How to be unique when trying to capture leads at an event.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .
Links and Resources:
- Kevin’s Website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Small Business Marketing Minute Podcast
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide To Local Lead Generation Book
- Special Gift for Listeners: eBook “66 Local Lead Generation Tactics”
- Free template for creating a marketing kit for your business
- Tape a Call app
- BNI International & Canada