Justin MorabitoWedding Photographer & Customer Support Advocate at Sprout Studio Inc.
Justin Morabito is a wedding and engagement photographer servicing the Niagara Region and GTA. Justin attended his home town college, Niagara College, to pursue his diploma in Digital Photography. It was in college that he met his current business partner, Sarah Thomas. Together they own Love Always Photography.
At the end of their time at Niagara College they began working with other local photographers to further develop their skills and better master the planning and detail oriented techniques that go into a wedding day. After assisting with 50+ weddings Love Always Photography was officially introduced in May of 2014. Combining their individual talents behind the camera, Sarah with posing and story telling and Justin with his lighting techniques and design skills, the partnership proved to create what they will refer to as the dream team. Love Always Photography offers a journalistic approach with the emphasis on creating imagery that will tell your love story as well as the story of the day that your love was vowed to be a forever bond.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Is post-secondary photography education worthwhile? What types of things do you learn in formal photography education?
- How Justin has marketed his new business, including the importance of having an online presence and the multiple ways to do so when starting out.
- Fighting for attention online and trying to get noticed/make yourself stand out from the crowd.
- The value and intentional choice of having a professional custom made website.
- The importance of establishing a unique brand and personality for your business when first starting out.
- What will you need to budget for a custom built website?
- How do you overcome the financial hurdle of starting a business? (Remember you can rent equipment!)
- The role of networking on business growth and how to make the most out of networking.
- The power of creative shoots in not only practicing your skills and growing your portfolio, but also networking by working with other vendors and businesses.
- Why you might want to advertise in magazines.
- How to choose where to spend your advertising dollars.
- The parts of opening a business Justin found most challenging and how he overcame them.
- The role your studio management/business management software plays when starting a business.
- Realizing that there is no shame in having a part time or full time job when you are first starting out.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .