Lindsay AdlerRenowned Fashion Photographer and Educator
Fashion photographer Lindsay Adler has risen to the top of her industry as both a photographer and educator. Based in New York City, her fashion editorials have appeared in numerous fashion and photography publications including Marie Claire, InStyle, Noise Magazine, Zink Magazine, Rangefinder, Professional Photographer and dozens more. As a photographic educator, she is one of the most sought after speakers internationally, teaching on the industry’s largest platforms and most prestigious events.
A clean, bold, and graphic style has become the hallmark of her work, whether shooting advertising campaigns, designer look books, jewelry lines, hair campaigns, fashion editorials, or professional athletes. Lindsay is renowned for her creativity and collaborating with designers and stylists in order to create fresh looks.
An author of four books, she is always working on new ways to share her passions and knowledge with others. Each year she teaches to tens of thousands of photographers world-wide through prestigious platforms such as creativeLIVE, KelbyOne, and the industry’s biggest conferences.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Good versus “good enough” in photo editing.
- Outsourcing certain parts of your editing, and how to know which part of editing your can outsource.
- How to know when you should hire employees and work with a team.
- The importance of shooting what you love and want to be hired for.
- Creative shoots as a step towards discovering your niche and developing your craft while feeding your passion.
- Transitioning between photography genres.
- Keeping in mind search engine optimization and simplicity when selecting genres and building portfolios.
- Being purposeful and engaged in the community as a photographer.
- Specific examples of what an average touch up time may be.
- Remembering we are in a technology industry as much as we are in a creative industry.
- What it means to be an early adopter, and why it is beneficial.
- An example of how Lindsay is differentiating herself from her competition.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is an all-in-one business success software for photographers, built by the team from SproutingPhotographer.com. It combines Studio Management software with Online Galleries, Album Proofing, Sales Galleries, Contextual Education and more.