Alex VitaBlogger and Website Design Expert
Alex is the blogger and designer/developer at ForegroundWeb
He started out years ago with photography himself, been through the struggles of finding work, shot a couple of weddings, had his own portrait studio, and learned to build photo websites through firsthand trial-and-error. Since then he’s been a successful freelancer, gathering experience from over 200 projects, both small and large, everything from beginner photographers to full-time pros and large agencies.
ForegroundWeb is Alex’s attempt to improve the photography website standards out there, to help creative photographers with the technical yet important task of building & improving their website.
He offers complete web-related services for photographers (design & development, manual customization, SEO, branding, consultancy & more) and the Foreground Blog with free results-oriented photo web-design articles & news.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- What makes a good photography website and growing trends.
- The impact of having large images on your website.
- Should your images be watermarked on your website?
- Focusing on the user experience rather than image theft.
- The importance of your “about” page and “contact me” page and how to use them to set yourself out from the crowd.
- How hiding your contact information can hurt your business.
- How to make an efficient Contact page.
- What to consider when designing your website galleries.
- How to format your images to optimize their performance on your website.
- Improving SEO by keywording your images.
- Responsive design and how it improves a mobile user’s experience.
- Being intentional about your website design with things like larger font sizes, line height/spacing, whether to host your blog on your website, etc.
- Organizing your homepage for first time visitors.
- You have to treat your website as your storefront and make the investment.
- Increasing your chances to be “found” on the internet.
- How much you can expect to spend on a custom photography website.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is the photography industry's first and only all-in-one system built by photographers for photographers. Sprout Studio brings together all the tools you need to run a successful photography business - tools that help you stay organized, save you time and streamline your workflow! .
Links and Resources:
- The ForegroundWeb Website, Blog and Twitter
- Free eBook “60+ Photography Website Mistakes“
- How to write & improve your photographer elevator pitch Article
- The complete guide to building your amazing photography “About” page Article
- TinEye Reverse Image Search
- JPEGmini Pro