Alex VitaBlogger and Website Design Expert
Alex is the blogger and designer/developer at ForegroundWeb
He started out years ago with photography himself, been through the struggles of finding work, shot a couple of weddings, had his own portrait studio, and learned to build photo websites through firsthand trial-and-error. Since then he’s been a successful freelancer, gathering experience from over 200 projects, both small and large, everything from beginner photographers to full-time pros and large agencies.
ForegroundWeb is Alex’s attempt to improve the photography website standards out there, to help creative photographers with the technical yet important task of building & improving their website.
He offers complete web-related services for photographers (design & development, manual customization, SEO, branding, consultancy & more) and the Foreground Blog with free results-oriented photo web-design articles & news.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- What makes a good photography website and growing trends.
- The impact of having large images on your website.
- Should your images be watermarked on your website?
- Focusing on the user experience rather than image theft.
- The importance of your “about” page and “contact me” page and how to use them to set yourself out from the crowd.
- How hiding your contact information can hurt your business.
- How to make an efficient Contact page.
- What to consider when designing your website galleries.
- How to format your images to optimize their performance on your website.
- Improving SEO by keywording your images.
- Responsive design and how it improves a mobile user’s experience.
- Being intentional about your website design with things like larger font sizes, line height/spacing, whether to host your blog on your website, etc.
- Organizing your homepage for first time visitors.
- You have to treat your website as your storefront and make the investment.
- Increasing your chances to be “found” on the internet.
- How much you can expect to spend on a custom photography website.
The first all-in-one solution for photographers.
Sprout Studio is an all-in-one business success software for photographers, built by the team from SproutingPhotographer.com. It combines Studio Management software with Online Galleries, Album Proofing, Sales Galleries, Contextual Education and more.
Links and Resources:
- The ForegroundWeb Website, Blog and Twitter
- Free eBook “60+ Photography Website Mistakes“
- How to write & improve your photographer elevator pitch Article
- The complete guide to building your amazing photography “About” page Article
- TinEye Reverse Image Search
- JPEGmini Pro